Almond Tart with Lemon Cream and Berries
Luscious and delicious – a burst of bright flavors! Quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 9-inch removable bottom tart pan
- 4 oz. Almond paste broken into pieces not marzipan!!
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 Large Eggs beaten
- ½ Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Lemon curd
- Zest Of 1 lemon
- 4 oz Cream cheese softened
- 1 qt Fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 Kiwi peeled and sliced
- Fresh berries Blackberries, Raspberries, or Blueberries
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Line the pan with a round of parchment paper and grease paper. In the bowl of a food processor, combine almond paste, salt, and sugar with a few quick pulses, until evenly crumbled. Add butter and process until smooth. Add eggs and process until well-blended. Add the almond flour. Process until thoroughly combined. Spread batter into prepared tart pan, place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden. Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes, then remove the side of the tart pan and cool the cake completely. Carefully invert the pan, remove the base and the parchment paper. Place on a serving platter.
- In a clean food processor bowl, combine lemon curd, lemon zest, and cream cheese until smooth. Spread the cream almost to the edge of pastry. Decoratively top the tart with sliced strawberries, kiwi, and blackberries; garnish with mint. Chill until serving time.
Tip: The cake base freezes beautifully, and fits perfectly in a gallon size zip top freezer bag. It is also delicious topped with sliced peaches or nectarines – brush with a bit of lemon juice to prevent darkening!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!