Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte
This decadent dessert is perfect for those who have a "thing" for chocolate and peanut butter! It is rich and delicious and sure to please!
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 ½ Cups Crushed Oreo cookies the whole cookie
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Smooth peanut butter
- 4 oz Cream cheese softened
- ¾ Cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Cup Smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Half and half
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup Chopped peanuts
- 2 Cups Heavy whipping cream whipped until stiff
- ¾ Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Mix together the cookie crumbs, cinnamon, and peanut butter. Pat over the bottom of the pan and about an inch up the sides. Bake about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, half and half, vanilla, and chopped nuts. Beat one minute more. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Pour into cooled crust, and refrigerate until set, at least 2-3 hours.
- In a small saucepan melt the chocolate chips with the whipping cream. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Pour chocolate over the top, spreading evenly and as smoothly as possible. Sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts, and return to the refrigerator for at least another hour to allow the chocolate ganache to set. Carefully remove the sides of the pan. Cut into thin wedges with a sharp knife dipped into hot water and wiped dry between slices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!