This is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! It is a perfect company dish – beautiful and easy! The lemon and capers make it nice and bright. I like to serve it with Mediterranean Couscous that has lots of fresh herbs added right before serving. Add a cool, crisp Greek Salad and you have a delightful meal!
- 1 nonstick skillet
- 1½ lb Trout fillets sliced into 6 oz portions
- Salt and pepper or lemon pepper
- Flour for dredging
- Olive oil enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- ½ Cup Dry white wine
- 2 Large Lemons juiced
- 3 Tbsp Capers drained and rinsed
- 4-6 Tbsp Cold butter cut into pats
- 2-4 Tbsp Minced flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the flesh side of the trout pieces then dredge in flour, shaking off any excess. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add trout pieces (in batches if needed to avoid over-crowding the pan), flesh side down. Cook about three minutes until golden, flip, and cook the other side about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and loosen any browned bits. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, but do not allow to brown. Add the wine and stir to deglaze the pan. Reduce by half. Stir in the lemon juice and the capers. Reduce heat or remove the pan altogether. Gradually stir in the butter, one pat at a time to create a smooth buttery sauce. Stir in the parsley and taste and adjust seasonings. Serve sauce over the trout and enjoy immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!